Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stocked up

I've come to realize that an aspect of travel has made an impact on my current keep of liquor and beer. I always buy cans of beer. However, it's always good beer. I always keep Asahi cans and recently bought Amstel light in cans as well. Just like on flights. Also, I keep scotch that is branded throughout the travel industry as well. Johnny Red Label or Black Label. Those are sort of my "go to" scotches. J&B rare on occasion. I've come to the conclusion that after all of the high end stuff I was buying for a while, albeit tasted extraordinary, I always come back to the basics. You know you're always at home when you have those certain liquors around. On the plane, in a foreign hotel, in an airport, Johnny Red Label or J&B always makes you feel like you're closer to home.

I went to a friends birthday party tonight and brought her a shot, like the smaller ones you get on planes. I'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe, similar to Adrian Monk. So it was natural to buy those. I still have my half mini bottle of jack daniels from my first trip abroad.

No comments: