Sunday, March 29, 2009

An hour and a half at Heathrow Terminal 5


I made a huge mistake on my connecting flight to Amsterdam via London Heathrow. If I did the math right, I only have an hour and a half to make my connecting flight to Amsterdam at London Heathrow's Terminal 5. I arrive and depart in the same terminal, but I might be cutting it close. I've been searching the internet to find out if I need to go through customs first before connecting, but I thought I'd only have to go through customs on my final destination, which is the Netherlands. The British Airways website and the London Heathrow websites do not provide enough information on this subject. I'll keep searching on the old internet to see what I can come up with, because well, I just have that kind of time.

1 comment:

Benito1960 said...

This is a bit of an odd one as it sounds as if you had two seperate tickets, which means, yoy don't follow the Connection process at LHR nor indeed at any other airport.

If you had bought a through ticket, you could have checked your bags all the way through and be entitled to get on the next available flight. If you have two independent tickets, beware as you have to land and check in again and also run the risk of missing the connection and the airline can walk away from any responsibility.

I hope this helps but the the Heathrow site is correct in this instance.